The Black Friday Countdown Begins
The biggest online shopping day of the year, Black Friday, is just three weeks away. Internationally renowned for huge sales and shoppers’ equally massive shopping sprees, South African shoppers are urged to get ready – the sales are coming!
This year, Black Friday falls on 24 November 2017 and Africa’s largest product discovery and comparison service, PriceCheck, will be offering deals and discounts on 24 categories for 24 hours. Black Friday marks the start of the festive season and, in recent years, has grown in popularity with South African retailers and consumers alike. South Africans recognise this opportunity to find the best deals ahead of the mad holiday and gift shopping rush in the weeks that follow.
1. PriceCheck’s top Black Friday shopping tips:
2. Consider your online options. Whether you have your eye on a particular item available on the retailer’s website or you’re simply put off by the idea of crowded shopping centres and long queues, online shopping is a convenient alternative to traditional shopping – especially on a manic shopping day like Black Friday.
3. When shopping online:
Remember to check the expected delivery date of your order. This is especially important for those purchasing a gift or an item required by a specific date. With sales resulting in a significant influx in orders, there may be a delay on your delivery.
Head to the checkout as soon as possible. If you keep items (of which there may be a limited supply) in your basket for too long, you may miss out on bagging your selected deals.
4. Preparation is key. Take some time in the weeks leading up to Black Friday to pinpoint the kinds of products you hope to find on sale. Make a note of who sells them, how much they cost and how much you would be willing to pay. Sign up for emailers or newsletters from the retailers and comparison websites who stock or list these products to keep up to date on the deals and discounts you can expect.
5. The early bird catches the worm (or the dress, TV or golfing set!). For the best deals and widest product selection, you need to be first in line. No matter if you are shopping online or in store, getting an early start is essential to ensure you don’t miss out.
6. Compare deals. If you think you’ve found a great deal, run a quick search on a price comparison service to make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck.
7. Log on to social media. Follow your favourite retailers and online shopping websites on social media platforms (like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to find out about deals and promotions as they are released
Not only is Black Friday a great way for you to save on their festive season shopping, but it is also an opportunity for retailers to boost sales and move stock before the festive season.
Source: PriceCheck. Image: Pixabay